Monday, June 21, 2010

Retouching

One of the features of my photos is the retouching. I've found that while some photographers out there will edit for color balance, effects, etc...many leave blemishes, extra chins, and other unflattering things in the photo. Or they charge extra to take them out.

Being that I have never been a natural in FRONT of the camera, I am passionate about erasing someone else's unwanted features from an otherwise great photo. I can't tell you how many times I wished that someone had told me before taking a photo that the way I was standing gave me an extra roll of side fat, or the way I tilted my head multiplied the number of chins I had. I wished even more than once the photo was taken, those items could be removed.

So, a before and after:

Gorgeous subjects, but she didn't like the "rolls" that her shirt created when she was hoisted onto her man's shoulders...the photo otherwise is too cute to discard, so...

...rolls be gone!



Already, very cute girl, but something isn't quite perfect...


..and, voila!




If you feel self conscious about being in front of the lens, but would love to have photos that you feel good about sharing with family and friends, schedule a photo session with Xiphias Photography.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I like the sales pitch! I'm sold. I totally agree w/ your whole commentary. Mine would be the trimming of the arms...egad!

    Love,
    me

    ReplyDelete